Day 2 so far so good, figured out the streets and flag stones. But now to I need to do it to all 6 boards.
Local asked me to paint the new 40k game board. I don’t think I’ve ever painted something this large. Challenge accepted.
Homosexuality is not Heresy
I’ve never been one to stand on a soap box about any real cause. But this time I feel like I should step up on at least a Dial cardboard box and say this. I’ve been a table top gamer for over 15 years, Im gay, I live in the south, and really there a lot of things I’ve put up with because of that combination. Oddly tho, living in the south, I’ve never been called a faggot other then in a game store, online, or in a video game.
This is more importantly about the game store part. While I understand that “this is about war gaming and manly nerdy things” ect ect but more importantly no matter what, theres never a time to say things like that to any person let alone one you are playing in a game, even if its supposed to be ‘friendly’ remark.
Homosexuality is not heresy, stop acting like it is, stop others from doing the same. No one likes to be called a fag or a homo, no matter what their sexual orientation is.
On a non ranty note, I really enjoyed painting this, I dont get to paint such colorful marines very often.
Took a quick break last night to paint for a reddit competition that I was too late to enter but oh well. I love this mini, its odd, the girl is sexy, and its rare that I get to paint a mini that has nothing to do with a game. Painted it in maybe 4-5 hours, Im getting better with flesh blending and it was the first time in a long time that I busted out the wet pallet. Im going to be using it more.
The mini was purchased from CoolMiniOrNot a few years ago, as well as the wood base, the rug was added with some simple green stuff.
Orange color study complete! Next up yellow. This has been really fun practice, orange was very deceptive in its complexity.
Orange and Red side by side, like I said in the video this has been a fun little side project. Next is yellow.
Recently I’ve been working on some termies for a tiny side project and I kept running into an issue that the parts I wanted to paint separate kept going missing on my messy workshop table.
I mean seriously with 5 projects going on I lost 3 should pads and had to dig around the bits box to find replacements. But I have found a solution!
Like any good miniature craftsman I never throw things away I think can be useful. I have a few dozen of the old pots sitting around to mix custom colors in.
So now their parts can sit with the models in a nice and not so easy to misplace container! Huzzah!
Test figure done! Very few changes were made from the art but I am pleased with how it came out, hopefully the client is too. On a side note, my macro lens makes me cry…all those mistakes I can now see ;.;
Q4 of the year is always an odd one for me and this year is even more so. For once I’m not prepping for a competition or scurrying to get an entire army done for an escalation league I really only have one ‘need to do’ on my plate and it’s just started.
The space marine is the color design for a full army commission a friend is paying me for (sorry for the crappy photo). The commission is for about 1.5k of guys and tanks with a few scattered space wolf bits, nothing too crazy, no conversions. But as normal as it is I want to document the entire process, last night I started painting the demo marine and once it’s done I’ll post a really good photo of it.
Outside of that I’ve been painting the convergence starter box, it’s slow going because of the level of detail and me making up the pallet as I go but not bad so far .